TikTok has grown by an extraordinary 1,157% since 2017, and businesses are jumping on board to ride the rollercoaster to success. But a lot of budding TikTok entrepreneurs are plagued by a growth plateau soon after starting their account. The trick is to know what you’re doing, and TikTok coach and entrepreneur, Wave Wyld, is here to share her secrets.
Wave Wyld, like many entrepreneurs, joined TikTok during the pandemic to funnel leads towards her personal branding course. After quickly realizing the power TikTok held for businesses, Wave jumped careers and started her TikTok coaching business. In 2 years, she has earned almost 300k followers and turned her startup into a 6-figure company.
Using her powerful growth secrets, Wave helps small businesses find the same success through TikTok, helping over 400 clients gain 5 million followers and a total of $19 million in revenue.
Here are Wave’s top 8 growth secrets that have lead to both her and her client’s success:
- Focus on community over virality: A powerful community will take your business so much further than a few viral videos — these engaged members will support and interact with your brand, forming long-lasting relationships.
- Engage viewers with questions: Don’t we all automatically answer a question in our head when asked? Well, on TikTok, your audience can respond, and questions encourage response and engagement.
- Use movement for a visual pop: Our eyes are trained to react to movement, so jump cuts, zooms, and ‘walking and talking’ can be incredibly effective at attracting viewers and increasing watch time.
- Leverage trends: Known as the Queen of TikTok trend alerts, Wave teaches her clients the power of recreating TikTok trends and catering them to your niche to reach fresh eyes and stay relevant and engaging for your current audience.
- Use hooks to attract viewers: There are many ways to hook viewers into your video, increase your watch time, and gain favor from the TikTok algorithm, including power words, shocking sounds, trending music, and movement.
- Take advantage of hashtags: The right hashtags can be the key to targeting the right audience and growing your community.
- Focus on the right metrics: While followers, watch time, and virality are helpful, growth isn’t always as linear — focusing on more productive and healthy metrics can help maintain a positive mindset and beat imposter syndrome when it comes around.
- Authenticity is key on TikTok: Try filming your videos sitting in your car, while putting on make-up, or even eating! These help your videos feel more natural and in the moment.
The power of these growth secrets is undeniable — just ask Fouad El Boustani, one of Wave’s clients:
“From 8K to 1 Million followers in 2 months, Wave has provided me tremendous tips, tricks, and feedback on how to grow faster and better, and as you can see, it worked! If you’re thinking about growing on TikTok, don’t think about it twice, go to Wave!” If you’re ready to take your business to the next level and watch your business rise on TikTok, book a call with Wave Wyld. As an entrepreneur on TikTok, you’re going to want to have her in your corner!